On the 26 August 2020 the library consortia of 14 Swedish municipalities in the administrative region of Norrbotten (homepage) decided to go for the open and free Koha library system. This will in effect become the largest Koha consortia in Sweden.
The administrative regional library organisation will likely be responsible for procurement and Koha will be launched live within the consortia on the 1 January 2022. The participating municipalities are Arjeplog, Arvidsjaur, Boden, Gällivare, Haparanda, Jokkmokk, Kalix, Kiruna, Luleå, Pajala, Älvsbyn, Överkalix, and Övertorneå.
The Swedish Koha User Group congratulates the Norrbotten library consortia on the decision to go with Koha and wishes the libraries in Norrbotten welcome to an extensive and fruitful collaboration on Koha and it’s further development and use in Sweden, and worldwide.
Dates: 15-17 October 2019
Location: Lund University
Conference fee: none
The Swedish Koha User Group, in collaboration with Lund University Library, hereby invite to a meeting for everyone who uses, has chosen, and investigates or are interested in the open and free library system Koha.
We will return with a programme and more information regarding application but please book these dates in your calendar already now. Also please share with interested colleagues.
Lund University Library in collaboration with the steering committee of the Swedish Koha User Group
Between 26 to 28 of March 2019 a total of 150 delegates from Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland met up in Skövde to discuss Koha and open source. The Swedish Koha User Group invited to its seventh biannual meeting and both presentations with speakers from Finland as well as open space discussions, workshops, and hackfest were held. At the same time, an open afternoon about open source were held. This session was open to non-user group members interested in Koha and Open Source. Key Note speaker for the meeting was Professor Björn Lundell, expert on open source in public sector. The meeting days were concluded as being successful and provided the delegates with new impulses and impressions to be taken back home to their own organisations.
The full meeting notes (In Swedish), including recorded presentations, is found here: https://koha.se/moten/svenska-kohanatverkets-sjunde-anvandarmote-26-28-mars-2019-i-skovde-med-bibliotek-mellansjo/
The Mid Sweden University has decided to switch ILS to Koha. The plan is to migrate to Koha during 2019 and go live July 2019. The Swedish Koha User Group congratulates on the decision.
Between 17-19 October 2018 the Swedish Koha User Group held its sixth biannual meeting. The host for the meeting was Luleå University Library. About 70 particpants from all around Sweden came to the meeting but also some delegates from Denmark, Norway, France, Germany, and Greece particpated. The conference part included presentations for two half-days on 17 and 18 of October, followed by an optional hackfest on 18 and 19 of October.
Key points from the conference days were:
- Lund University Library described their Koha Go-Live project
- Presentation of the current Koha project run by the User Group with funding from the National Library in Sweden
- Experiences from the KohaCon2018 conference in Portland, OR, USA
- Presentation of the work being done to adapt the Koha ILL module to Swedish workflows
- Presentation of Libris XL, the national union catalogue in Sweden, that now uses linked data instead of MARC
- Presentation of Koha’s history and community by Paul Poulain (BibLibre)
- Gothenburg University Library described their Koha Go-Live project
- Katrin Fischer (BSZ) presented Koha development in the international community
In the hackfest a number of topics were discussed and worked upon. Key points from the hackfest were:
- How to use the ILL module?
- How does Libris XL work with Koha?
- How does ElasticSearch work in Koha?
- How can you use JQuery in Koha?
- Andreas Roussos presented What are some catalog housekeeping scripts for Koha?
Outside the work related topics the meeting also held a guided tour to the UNESCO World Heritage site Gammelstad Church Town, while also one Tex-Mex after work and an Italian dinner were arranged.
For the full meeting documentation (in Swedish) please see: https://koha.se/moten/svenska-kohanatverkets-sjatte-anvandarmote-i-lulea-17-19-oktober-2018/