Between 17-19 October 2018 the Swedish Koha User Group held its sixth biannual meeting. The host for the meeting was Luleå University Library. About 70 particpants from all around Sweden came to the meeting but also some delegates from Denmark, Norway, France, Germany, and Greece particpated. The conference part included presentations for two half-days on 17 and 18 of October, followed by an optional hackfest on 18 and 19 of October.
Key points from the conference days were:
- Lund University Library described their Koha Go-Live project
- Presentation of the current Koha project run by the User Group with funding from the National Library in Sweden
- Experiences from the KohaCon2018 conference in Portland, OR, USA
- Presentation of the work being done to adapt the Koha ILL module to Swedish workflows
- Presentation of Libris XL, the national union catalogue in Sweden, that now uses linked data instead of MARC
- Presentation of Koha’s history and community by Paul Poulain (BibLibre)
- Gothenburg University Library described their Koha Go-Live project
- Katrin Fischer (BSZ) presented Koha development in the international community
In the hackfest a number of topics were discussed and worked upon. Key points from the hackfest were:
- How to use the ILL module?
- How does Libris XL work with Koha?
- How does ElasticSearch work in Koha?
- How can you use JQuery in Koha?
- Andreas Roussos presented What are some catalog housekeeping scripts for Koha?
Outside the work related topics the meeting also held a guided tour to the UNESCO World Heritage site Gammelstad Church Town, while also one Tex-Mex after work and an Italian dinner were arranged.
For the full meeting documentation (in Swedish) please see: https://koha.se/moten/svenska-kohanatverkets-sjatte-anvandarmote-i-lulea-17-19-oktober-2018/